Sorry, I'm a little late with my blog post!! But, I'm here now!! This weeks challenge at Better Living Through Scrapbooking is very cool!! Here are the details:
“Recycle, Reuse, Renew challenge”
Use recycled products that might normally be discarded as part of a scrapbook page.
Chose at least 2 of the following:
1. Use corrugated cardboard or other recycled packaging on your page.
2. Find fun or unusual items around your house and use them as elements on your page. Playing cards, clothing tags, junk mail, broken jewelry, old greeting cards or postcards, buttons and/or material from old clothing, advertising magnets, pins and keychains, and blooms and/or leaves from discarded plastic floral arrangements are just a few ideas.
3. Journal about why recycling is important to you.
4. Use traditional adhesives (Scotch tape, masking tape, duct tape, Elmers Glue, staples) on your page in lieu of scrapbook adhesives.
5. Use glitter somewhere on your page.”
This challenge was PERFECT for my Gauche Alchemy kit!!! I used my cardboard for the background paper and then that beautiful lace as my splash of color!! I used Plaid Dimensional Magic glue on my letters to give it an added pop and shine!!
Cardstock: Discounted Cardstock “Brillant Bazzil White” 12×12
“Key Lime Green” 12×12
Plaid: Mod podge Dimensional magic glue
Stamps: For the luv of Art Stamps “Come what may & Love it”
Corrugated Cardboard and Lace: Gauche Alchemy ACME Kit
Alphas: American Crafts Thickers Chipboard Hocus Pocus in Black
Escape to Paradise Greeting Cards with Ginny
6 hours ago