Monday, July 19, 2010

Sore THUMB!!

Last night as I was scrapbooking for the HYWWP housewarming crop, I decided that I would hand stitch on my layout for one of the challenges. I wanted it to look like machine stitch but be by hand!! Reason being because I can not figure out my sewing machine and two I'm too lazy to drag my sewing machine out!! So, I sat there for THREE hours stitching away!! I didn't have a thimble and in return really tore my thumb up!! It is now purple and very sore!! Never again will I get so ambitious with my techniques!! LOL!! I think it was all worth it though??

Oh and don't forget to stop by Better Living Through Scrapbooking and leave a comment to win an awesome prize of Teresa Collins goodies!! To get even more chances to win become a follower of the blog!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the layout! I too, am too lazy to drag out the sewing machine. I use the rubon stitches. I had one page where the holes were already punches, so I just had to thread fibers through it....soo easy! Hope your thumb gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your LO on SI and I thought wow thats alotta work but it looks awesome, I am too too lazy to sew... I was introduce to bonding tape you iron on your clothes so my needle and thread went out the door a long time ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was soo worth it! I saw that layout in your gallery the other day and i thought your hand stitching looked amazing!!! thats how my thumb looks whenever i hand stitch too, that's why i hardly do it anymore. well that and im too lazy, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth it! Awesome layout! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations at Memorable Seasons!!

    ReplyDelete