Sunday, September 19, 2010

Better Living Through Scrapbooking Challenge #4 for September!!

“Holiday paper challenge”
Use holiday-themed papers (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, 4th of July, etc.) to create a non-holiday themed page layout or mini album.

Choose at least two of the following prompts:
1. Use photos that are at least five years old.
2. Use punches or a die-cut machine to hand-make embellishments or letters out of patterned paper for your page.
3. Use pop-dots to give 3-D dimension to an element of your page.
4. Use numbers in the title of your page.
5. Use rubber or acrylic stamps somewhere on your page



I have never really used holiday themed papers for a non holiday photo!! So, I found this challenge a little hard! But, like I’m finding out with these challenges I just need to get out of my comfort zone sometimes and I end up loving my layouts!! I used the Graphic 45 Hallowe’en in Wonderland patterned papers for this picture of my daughter Avery. She was four years old in this picture and I wish she could stay four forever. That is why I incorporated the number “4” in my title!! I also used pop dots on my layout on the embellishments!! I made the stars out red vellum from discounted cardstock. You have to see what the rest of the design team created!! It's sooo good!! Just head on over to Better Living through Scrapbooking!! Products used:

Kraft Cardstock: Discounted cardstock
Red Vellum

Graphic 45: Hallowe’en in Wonderland; Wonderland Classifieds; Jabberwocky; You’re Late!; The Mad Hatter; Hallowe’en in Wonderland Tags.

American Crafts:
Thickers: Cupid White Chipboard

My Little Shoebox:
Chipboard Stickers-Alphabet-Fire engine
Sketch from Creative Scrappers

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea,
    I love what you did with this challenge! Your papers are fab and that photo is precious! I love your flower at the top! The red vellum star is great!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, you really rocked this challenge! Those circle along with the embellishments are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete