Saturday, August 7, 2010

Will you be my hero? -Better Living Through Scrapbooking Challenge # 2



Are you ready for another awesome challenge at Better Living Through Scrapbooking? This weeks challenge is "Most influential person challenge". You are suppose to chose a person, living or dead, whether you know them personally or not, that has had a big influence on your life, and create a layout about them. This person can be a friend, relative, historical figure, celebrity – anyone at all.

The guidelines are to do/use at least 2 of the following:
1. The photo must be black & white. If you don’t have a black & white version, change the photo to black & white in Photoshop, or take the photo to your local 1-hour photo and have them do it for you. You can also make a black & white copy of the photo at your local office store. If you do not have a photo of the person (if they are a historical figure or celebrity) find one on the internet and print it out.
2. Use at least one major circular element on your page – whether it’s the photo, photo mat, or other noticeable circular element.
3. Use paint or ink in a fun and unusual way.
4. Hand make your own flowers and use them on the layout.
5. Include hand written journaling.


Here is my reveal!




This my Natalie, now she is my step daughter techinally but I have raised her since was three years old so I don’t think of her that way. She has been through so much already in her eight years of life. Her biological mother has put her through all kids of emotional abuse and has abandoned her. But, through all her troubles she is the “sunshine” in my life!! She finds the strength everyday to move past her anger and find the bright side of life. And for that she is my lil’ hero!

For the challenge I used a black and white photo, I used at least one major circular element,I handmade the flowers, and I handwrote my journaling.

My Journaling says: Natalie you have been through so much in your eight years of life. But, even through all that you are the”sunshine” in our lives! You are our lil hero!

My layout was inspired by my friend Jillian Deiling Cassity’s Layout “WOW Flamingos”.
*Thanks Jilly for the inspiration!* ;)


Head on over the Better Living Through Scrapbooking to see the rest of the Design Team's Reveal and Enter your submission to win this month's AWESOME Prize!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome .. I love how it turned out .. amazing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how you and this darling little girl are in my prayers! God Bless you for loving her and how lucky she is to have you in her life now!!!! (I'm wiping away the tears).... :(
    Now it even more beautiful than when I first saw it....
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing girl like her deserved this amazing layout you created. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete